[Application] John Simmons

• Hey All, Enjoy the read.

A) General Info
    How old are you?

~ I'll be turning 30 in September

Where do you live?

~ Vancouver, Canada (West Coast)

Do you speak any additional Languages other than English?

~ No, although I do speak gibberish when lacking too much sleep :P

What characters are you planning on applying with? If transferred, please include dates.

~ John Simmons
    ~ I would add an alt for cloaky eyes/ bubbling at some point soon for solo hunting and small-gang tackle.

B) Pilot Overview
    Why are you leaving your current corporation? Are you leaving on good terms?

~ I am leaving my current Corporation/Alliance to pursue more small gang pvp. I have enjoyed my time in Pandemic Horde participating in Large/Medium gang warefare and feel now I want a change in Eve.

~ Not enough targets to hunt in the entire North of the map. Pandemic Horde and allies have expanded their influence and Since Christmas have effectively covered from Drones over to pure Blind with the exception of Tribute and Vale.

~ Leaving my Current Corp would be on good terms. Fancypants are a great group of People, I just have grown to want to join a smaller Alliance and feel like more of a member instead of a number.

Do you have previous experience in a small gang setting? if so, What roles did you fly?

~ I have small gang experience before my Hiatus from Eve. Previous Alliances such as Random Alliance and Black Legion would run 10-15 man gang or smaller kitchen sink comps from time to time.
    ~upon returning to Eve I flew in a couple small gang public fleets mostly in dps ships. I'd done some tackle as well but
    ~ My RL friend Putrid and I fly Duo a fair bit and we swap between dps and tackle or vice versa from time to time and tryout different ships and fits.

How do you plan on making isk during your time in Full Broadside?

~ I plan on running Abyssals and will rat from time to time to make isk mainly.

~ My pi alt will remain in Horde and make some passive isk to fund my pvp habits. I may dabble in some market trading here
    and there as well.

C) Fitting/Ship Theory [fittings in EFT format]
    link a small-gang ship you enjoy flying. Discuss some of the limitations of this ship, how it could be complimented in a gang and it's strengths.

~ I have done a few small gang fleets where we manually fly around grid but I'd like to do way more.
    Good disciplined comms, nice comp with some damps/ecm a solo logi and some wild ass dps pilots :P

[Osprey Navy Issue, Osprey Navy Issue fit]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
     Nanofiber Internal Structure II
     Ballistic Control System II
     Ballistic Control System II

Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
     50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
     X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
     Warp Disruptor II
     Stasis Webifier II
     Large Shield Extender II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
     Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
     Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
     Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
     Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

~ Strengths: 2472 m/s (with my skills)((cold)) 3516 m/s ((hot)) Very zippy to nab and haze tackle targets, great application at 59km with faction ammo, couple small defensive neuts, An x-large ancil shield booster for some sustainability to remain on grid.
    ~ weaknesses: Reload on the launchers is 35 seconds so a long engagement is tough without disengaging...
    ~Compliments: Having a beefier ship paired with it to put some serious dps on target due to long reload would be nice.

Link a really embarrassing lossmail. Walk us through how it happened and what taught you about the mechanic you died to, or improved your overall game knowledge?

~I make mistakes all the time and hope to learn more and more about mechanics and past experiences to better myself in solo/small-gang warfare.

1: https://zkillboard.com/kill/83561101/

~ This loss above was a small filament roam that ended up in Omist. We poked around the region nabbing ratters and stirring up a response fleet. After a couple scraps on gates and killing a rifter, malediction and a Osprey Navy issue I engaged the response fleet on the gate a third time after pinging off to reload my missiles. I overheated my already heat damaged launchers to burn down a sabre and was manually piloting when I lost focus on my heat for a few seconds too long and burned out my launchers... I had the sabre in low armor but didn't get my kill :(

2: https://zkillboard.com/kill/84360002/

The above loss was Putrid and I attempting to use a Thera hole to travel to a juicy region for some pew pew when Volta had spotted us on an alt heading toward the hole and quickly gathered a handful of dudes to meet us there. Upon entering Thera I spotted about 6 ships on the hole and decided to splash back to K space after being aggressed by half of them. I quickly burned off the hole knowing it was only a couple stilettos and a cynabal left unaggressed.
    after killing 1 stiletto I failed to notice the kikimora come in. I should have swapped to that and burned it down instead of swapped to the second stiletto. The kiki ended up ramping up spool damage and melted me after ADC ran out.

Link a fit for a small fleet composition that you would take out in a fleet if you had 20 pilots. Explain what ships you would bring to support it (logi, webs, links, etc, but don't need to post fits for them.)

[Hyena, Hyena fit]

Signal Amplifier II
     Signal Amplifier II
     Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
     Target Painter II
     Stasis Webifier II
     5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Small Core Defense Field Extender II
     Small Core Defense Field Extender II

~Flying this type of support ship would be really fun. quick swapping targets and peeling tackle and keeping hostiles at a manageable distance so sniper dps can pummel them into dust.

~ I would definitely bring at least 1-2 cruiser logi or a few frig logi ships to keep it alive so it can really make use of it's target painting/webbing power. Links would only increase it's survivability on grid as well (more links, alllll the links!!!)
    A Keres to compliment the disruptor/scram/web combination and add some damps to keep hostiles suppressed.

• Members

Decent app, all around. How do you feel about flying with a group that's probably 8-10 years younger than you on average?

• @Otto-Penken

That doesn't bother me at all. As long as people get along and we learn, grow and get good frags!

• +1 for formatting, alt, and fits. A big switch of playstyles (from medium/large warfare to small gang) is a decent amount of learning. Are you willing to learn, and discuss fits/playstyles etc in corp?

• @Ek-kar-Cen-ti

Absolutely! I want to get away from more of the "anchor up and prop mods on" and expand and grow in the manual/ multi boxing skill areas. Theory crafting and executing small-gang fleet comps with the corp/Alliance mates would be a blast.

• @John-Simmons This is good to hear. Of course, we do occasionally have to do anchor up and prop mods on fleets due to Sov warfare etc, but we try to keep it a healthy mix. +1 for trial

• I like your answers. The only critique I have to offer is on your caracal fit. The caracal is a ship that already struggles with capacitor issues (as I'm sure you've seen), and adding an adaptive is pretty damaging to your cap. Sure, it adds EHP but what does it matter if it bleeds you dry and you can't keep it on? Personally I prefer to run a cold-gas MWD as well (and this is one the only cases I would use cold-gas).

Regardless, I like your answers and mindset. +1 to this app.

• Accepted for a trial. Welcome to Full Broadside!