[Application] Putrid Flesh
Hello, here is my application. I hope it's not too long!
A) General Info
How old are you?
- I will be 30 in October.
Where do you live?
- West coast of Canada. Near Vancouver.
Do you speak any languages besides english?
- I speak Polish decently well and am learning Japanese for fun. I can read quite a bit of Kanji, but I am still a dumb foreigner who doesn't know how to properly form a sentence. F
What characters are you planning on applying with? If transferred, please include dates.
- Putrid Flesh
B) Pilot Overview
Why are you leaving your current corporation? Are you leaving on good terms?
- Too many blues in horde, with neuts too far away and filaments taking us to 75% blue space.
- Not quite enough small gang fleets for my liking, and feels like a lot of people care more about making isk than pvping.
- I would be leaving on good terms, and intend to let my CEO and corp know before I leave if we (me and John) are accepted.
Do you have any previous experience in a small gang setting? If so, what roles did you fly?
- I've flown in a few small fleets, but not so much recently. My "small gang" experiences before I quit the game for 8 or so years was mostly in gangs of 10-15. Also a bit after returning I joined a pub fleet ran by a Tuskers guy, that was a hell of a lot of fun. Since then I've run some laid back 5-man filament roams and small roaming gangs through geminate and Vale, those went.. generally okay.
- I generally fly DPS, but I've also run tackle/scout. I prefer to run DPS and learn as I go, but I would absolutely be willing to run anything we needed (links, logi, bubbler, etc) but I wouldn't expect amazing results at the beginning for the more tricky roles (such as EAF or booshing).
How do you plan to make ISK during your time in Full Broadside?
- I'll probably do ratting or abyssals, but I tend to be pretty conservative with my ISK just so I have enough for when I need it. I plan to have a PI alt in PH that will ideally make me 140m~ a week or so, and worse case scenario I can always sell some PLEX or something.
C) Fitting/Ship Theory [Fittings in EFT format]
Link a small-gang ship you enjoy flying. Discuss some of the limitations of this ship, how it could be complemented in a gang, and its strengths.
- While I like nano ships quite a bit, and most small gangs tend to be such. I'm gonna go outside the norm here and link a more brawly self sustain AF that i've been playing around with.
[Retribution, pulse] Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste Heat Sink II Thermal Plating II Adaptive Nano Plating II EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control 5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive Warp Scrambler II Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Conflagration S Small Energy Burst Aerator I Small Energy Collision Accelerator I Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB5 Dose II
- Strengths: 475 dps overheated. That's a lot for a frigate that only costs 50m. Fairly quick. Quite tanky with its resistances and additional ADC. Most retributions you see these days are nano beam fit, so this is more of an underestimated and unexpected ship that can lead to the deaths of the unwary.
- Weaknesses: Not much of a buffer. Neuts are a mortal enemy. Doesn't have the range that a nano retri would.
- Would be compliments: Having a tackler with long range point, a hyena (since it has shit mid slots), and more similarly fitted DPS ships.
Link a really embarrassing lossmail. Walk us through how it happened and what it taught you about the mechanic you died to, or improved your overall game knowledge?
- It's hard for me to consider something "really" embarrassing, especially since I learn a lot from my mistakes. However, since I don't feel like looking or posting something from over 7 years ago, I'll link the most embarrassing ones I can think of that are most recent.
- 1: https://zkillboard.com/kill/79005343/
- Haha.. This one. So I find it quite embarrassing because this was me and Johns attempt at trying to make the jaguar what it used to be. Me and John used to roam around in jaguars (A LOT. My favourite ship of the time.) before CCP (imo) completely ruined this ship. The story here is that I made the first mistake of nullsec and warped straight to a gate, and landing in a drag bubble. Given my experiences with the ship and thinking that john would have my back I went for it. It turns out John warped to a ping like a smart boi, so I died before he even managed to get to me. The second issue I had was having never been much of a missile user, I did the good ol' orbit at 500 and hope they cant hit me. Its a god damn thrasher.. even with new test fit I pyfa-warriored, I died. So what I should have done was orbit at much further range (say 7500, with web+scram) to force the Thrasher to use barrage and lower his tracking and dps, and it would have given me enough time to kill him or have john come assist.
- 2: https://zkillboard.com/kill/84685475/
- So this one is pretty simple. I made the dumb mistake of thinking procurers would not be bait fit so the Domis that we saw sitting at a fort could warp in at 130km and 3 shot me. The redeeming factor of this filament is that it was short, and we came out isk positive with a 350m Ishtar kill before dying horribly.
Link a fit for a small fleet composition that you would take out in a fleet if you had 20 pilots. Explain what ships you would bring to support it (logi, webs, links, etc, but you don't need to post fits for them.)
- So after looking at some of the existing applications I don't really want to beat a dead horse and link another nosprey fleet, so I'm gonna go for something a bit less common.
[Phantasm, buffer] Heat Sink II Heat Sink II Heat Sink II Damage Control II Nanofiber Internal Structure II Federation Navy 10MN Afterburner Multispectrum Shield Hardener II Warp Disruptor II Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800 Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender Heavy Beam Laser II, Aurora M Heavy Beam Laser II, Aurora M Small Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer Heavy Beam Laser II, Aurora M Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II Hobgoblin II x3 Quafe Zero Agency 'Overclocker' SB5 Dose II
- Things to consider: since I haven't tried this out I can't say it would be optimal, but you could potentially swap around the point/multispectrum for webs/scrams depending on the purpose. I'd assume this would be a "longer range" scrap fleet and try to sit 30-50 away just beaming the shit out of things.
- Support: ideally: skirmish, shield and info links. Minimum: skirmish for that 2km/s AB, a bubbler or 2, some tackle and logi (probably would want scimitars but scythes would work I think)
not a lot to say
Good formatting, this is greatly appreciated. As far as I can see your fits are good, but I tend to leave that up to other people. I don't have any problems for putting you up for a trial, my only concern is a lack of useful alts, so my questions are as follows:
Do you have any alts that can fly useful stuff like cloaky eyes, sabres or mjdessies, and if not do you have any opposition to making any?
Secondly, are quesdillas sandwiches?
Other than that, +1 from me.
When I first started playing EVE, having alts was not a given. That being said, I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy the game when I returned after my hiatus, and I definitely see benefits of having alts for some of the things you've mentioned. My assumption is that these alts would be separate accounts that I could dualbox with. While I'm not fully against it, I tend to try to keep my gaming costs down, but I would be willing to put an account into training for one of the examples. I see much benefit in having a sabre or cloaky alt.
- Secondly, are quesdillas sandwiches?
I'm gonna go with no. But give you a follow up question: If you only have one slice of bread for your sandwich, does it still count as a sandwich?
Whilst alts aren't a requirement for the corp, they are a recommendation, as you pointed out yourself, they are very very useful, but I also completely understand in keeping costs down (multiple accounts cost a lot of money).
You're wrong about quesadillas, but you still get my +1
timoxazero last edited by
+1 pending john's app.
timoxazero last edited by
Accepted for a trial. Welcome to Full Broadside!