[Application] Kidd Billups

• A) General Info

How old are you?

30 years old

Where do you live?

California

Do you speak any languages besides english?

My Spanish is pretty rough, but I'm very proficient with google translator, specifically when the need to search a foreign insult arises.

What characters are you planning on applying with? If transferred, please include dates.

Just this one - Kidd Billups. I've never owned an alt.

B) Pilot Overview

Why are you leaving your current corporation? Are you leaving on good terms?

I stopped playing when my last corporation (Pwn n Play) started to gradually disband. We were a mid-sized corp with Nulli Secunda, but once we left the alliance and joined a small WH alliance, most of us eventually became inactive. The most important part of Eve for me was enjoying the people I flew with, so when most of those people quit I didn't have the motivation to search for another corp. Also, the RL career started hitting me hard.

Do you have any previous experience in a small gang setting? If so, what roles did you fly?

Yes - smaller sized gangs are a large majority of my pvp experience. I typically flew recon, DPS, and tackle, but I'm competent flying logi and t3 as well.

How do you plan to make ISK during your time in Full Broadside?

I used to do it the old fashioned way and NPC, but at this point I say F it and swipe the credit card.

C) Fitting/Ship Theory [Fittings in EFT format]

Link a small-gang ship you enjoy flying. Discuss some of the limitations of this ship, how it could be complemented in a gang, and its strengths.

[Talos]
    Neutron Blaster Cannon II (8x)

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
    Phased Scoped Target Painter
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Tracking Enhancer II (2x)
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II (3x)

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
    Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
    Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hobgoblin II (5x)

The setup is obviously focused on DPS, so the biggest limitation is durability, as well as the ability to track small ships. On a basic level, strong complements would be some sort of tackle that can reduce the targets' speed or increase its sig using a scram, web and/or target painter. A logi is the other obvious compliment to address the lack of EHP.

Link a really embarrassing lossmail. Walk us through how it happened and what it taught you about the mechanic you died to, or improved your overall game knowledge?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/84297680/

This loss occurred recently, a couple weeks into my return to Eve. Needing to shake off the cob webs, I decided to blindly roam through null-sec with a passively armor-tanked hurricane (desperate and lazy, I know). I luckily came across a solo Drake Navy Issue looking for a fight after the first jump. The fight happened in two stages:

1) We engaged as I warped into a bubble 100 km off the gate, starting about 15km apart. I attempted burn towards him to get scram and web, but he was slightly faster and managed to keep distance. He was still within my EMP falloff and was in structure before burning out of disruptor range and warping off. My first mistake was failing to overheat the warp disruptor - with another 5km of disrupt range, I am almost certain I'd have enough time to get through his remaining structure.

2) I quickly jumped back to high-sec, repaired and returned to null-sec. The Drake returned so quickly that I wasn't concerned about him having a completely new fit. I was also more concerned about getting pvp reps in and less concerned about losing ships.. This time we engaged on the gate as he jumped in. The fight played out roughly the same. This time, however, I lost focus and fully overheated my guns. After realizing this, I disengaged and burned to the gate with the plan to jump back through. About 20 seconds later, I realized I had not recalled my drones, which were still engaged. Roughly 40 seconds after that, I was in a pod...

The mental lapses in both fights were extremely frustrating, as I had been waiting forever to find a fight as fair as this. It was a huge reminder how important focus and attention to detail is when pvping.

Link a fit for a small fleet composition that you would take out in a fleet if you had 20 pilots. Explain what ships you would bring to support it (logi, webs, links, etc, but you don't need to post fits for them.)

I'll piggy back off the aforementioned Talos. I loved to roam null-sec with 5-8 Talos complemented with a couple scouting intys, a couple dictors, 3 Scimi's and 3-4 recons (typically a mix between a rapier/huginn, arazu and a curse). I speak of the fleet concept in past tense because it has been a few years, and ship attributes and fleet concepts are always changing. Also, to be frank I wasn't too involved with the link side of combat, although I would use them when asked. There are still advanced pvp conecpts I have yet to learn, but I am always striving to improve.

• +1 for formatting. Thanks for putting time into making your app readable. It goes a long way. Greatly appreciated.

Few questions though!

1. You have no alts. Would you be willing to work towards a second useful account if you were accepted to the corp? A sabre or some probing alt is alright, but a 2nd account you can fly in a fleet is wildly helpful at the scale we fight at.
    2. How much SP do you have?

• @timoxazero said in [Application] Kidd Billups:

+1 for formatting. Thanks for putting time into making your app readable. It goes a long way. Greatly appreciated.

Few questions though!

1. You have no alts. Would you be willing to work towards a second useful account if you were accepted to the corp? A sabre or some probing alt is alright, but a 2nd account you can fly in a fleet is wildly helpful at the scale we fight at.

I would be willing to get an alt. The only thing that kept me from using one in the past was my shitty PC. I have since upgraded.

1. How much SP do you have?

83.3 mil, all of it pvp-focused. I haven't started training for triglavian ships - that will depend on whether my next corp uses them.

• Was ready to accept this one then applicant went afk. If he resurfaces I suppose he's accepted? Locked and archived for now.