[Application] Kivakork Oskold

• A1. I am about to turn 21 years old in less than a month.
    A2. I live in the US in the state of Oregon, but my timezone doesn't line up with this as I work nightshift.
    A3. English is my only language.
    A4. I plan on applying with my main (Kivakork Oskold) who can fly almost everything, my Dread/Titan alt (We Escelated) and my Fax alt (Trlage Green) All of which are high skill flying t2/bling caps with near maxed skills for them.

B1. I'm leaving Test Alliance in the next few days as I've been flying with them for 4 years and although I have loved the time and learned much, it has grown stale. Every time I come back to play I only play for a few weeks and get bored and disappear again as I no longer get to do what I love in the Alliance. I am leaving on good terms and if I ever go back to a large nullsec alliance it will likely be Test.
    B2. I used to fly with Alexi Drakovich and many others in Test's Delta Squad which was a high skill small gang sig a few years ago in Test. I flew almost every roll but my favorite was DPS, though sometimes I would fly Logi, sometimes Recons, more rarely I would fly cepters usually only if I was late. I enjoyed every aspect of the fleet and hope that my skills to do so haven't gotten too rusty.
    B3. In joining I will already have a very substantial amount of Isk saved up that I plan to subsist off of for quite a while as I have liquidated all my assets/super in Test before joining. When the Isk runs low and/or I get bored my main source of ingame income is Officer Hunting.

C1. https://zkillboard.com/kill/58142288/ Here is one of my alltime favorite ships to fly in the game. Pros: It's extremely cheap, its quick, it has amazing range, tracking, and damage, and in the hands of a good pilot it can compete with some nano battleships. Cons: If you get caught, you will die, 0 utility, paper tank. In my opinion the pros >>> the cons for this ship as no other ship can do what this ship can do on the same budget (that I'm aware of) and since you're flying in a fleet you don't have to worry as much about your utility and lack of tank as you can stay back and drop 800 DPS at 60km while your fleet screens all the threats to you away.
    C2. https://zkillboard.com/kill/44482300/ A very very old death but by far my most embarrassing one of my Eve Career. I was heading into the nextdoor highsec from my lowsec staging and made a mistake in thinking that Tierijev was a .7 system, not .8, as my sec status would have me safe in .7 but not .8. When I jumped into system and saw the alert I panicked and was unsure as to what to do, I tried burning back to the gate to jump back into the safety of lowsec only to get webbed neuted and pointed until I was 3k from the gate moving 14m/s and losing my most expensive ship at the time. I was a young pilot at the time so in one fell swoop I learned many things such as double checking sec status, just keeping your sec status high, how to evade the police, and not to fly things I couldn't afford to lose.
    C3. This is the toughest question for me to answer as I would have a hard time choosing. Generally I slip into whatever roll the fleet is low on and fly that (usually logi) and 20 people is fairly large for small gang so I'm not sure how well my blingy fits would fit in, depending on my mood I would likely either bring the previously linked Oracle or a blinged up Barghest if I was feeling spicy. These would need to be supported by screening ships, Orthrus, Rapier, ONI, ScyFi, etc. Some dictors, hopefully a logi or 2, and a few cepters to better catch and hold targets. Here is a quick Barghest fit I threw together and yes it takes heavily from Rhiloads Barghest fit as I always wanted to try his but never got to, keep in mind all of the bling modules are placeholders as the actual fit would be crammed full of abyssal mods rather than faction
    [Barghest, *Barghest]
    Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
    Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
    Reactive Armor Hardener
    Large Ancillary Armor Repairer
    Damage Control II
    Domination Nanofiber Structure

Core A-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive
    Domination Warp Scrambler
    Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner
    Domination Warp Disruptor
    Dark Blood Heavy Capacitor Booster
    Large Micro Jump Drive

Dark Blood Heavy Energy Neutralizer
    Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
    Corpus X-Type Heavy Energy Neutralizer

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I
    Large Ancillary Current Router I
    Large Ancillary Current Router II

Valkyrie II x5
    Warrior II x5

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Missile x1150
    Nanite Repair Paste x1000
    Navy Cap Booster 800 x5

• During my time in test you were considered one of the spergiest people I'd flown with, even if you were someone that flew small gang with us. Although it has been 2-3 years since we have flown together it is something that should be taken into consideration. Do you think you retain that behaviour?

• I don't remember a lot about being in TAPI, but I do remember there being a number of people who I (and others) would purposefully avoid in comms, and avoid having to listen to. I remember having you basically perma-muted in Mumble because you would literally, and i mean literally Ree in comms, and if you weren't Reeing you were incessantly keying up in main channel. Was that just an "I'm 17 and think this is funny" thing or do you still think the TAPI culture sperglord unironic reeing is funny?

Also just a guess, could be wrong, but this Barghest looks like something you grabbed from your in-game fittings, probably right after Rhiload made his video. You said the fit is placeholders, which sounds like an awfully convenient reason to put literally zero effort into it.

• When we last flew together Alexi I was 16/18, I have relaxed a lot on comms and have been flying with Predds for years without much issue regarding comms. Regarding the fit it was actually something I just threw together in about 10 minutes, I have lots of well thought out fits that I have spent hours grueling over this was just something that sprung to mind as something I always wanted to fly but didn't have a fit for, the modules being shiny is just what the base abyssal module will be. I can link many more fits I have crafted completely on my own but I wasn't planning on cluttering up the forum thread with random fits I've made in the past.

• To follow up on my fitting skills I actually have a lengthy history with fitting and theory crafting and consider myself very good at it. Here I will include 2 fittings I made a few months ago for "Jump Hics" where the goal is to jump a black ops with enough scram power to quickly scram a ratting super and hold scram with a supporting Loki fleet providing remote reps and damage. I only share this as to my knowledge this strat is not being used by the sig I am in and these are fits I made personally for it not the fits they might use. I have a Blingy one which is a Marshal which gets about double the EHP as the cheap fit and can do the job much much better, although it unfortunately is itself very expensive.

[Marshal, *Standard Jump Hic]
    Corpus X-Type Armor EM Hardener
    Corelum B-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Corpus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
    Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
    Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
    Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
    Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener

Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
    Heavy Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
    Large Micro Jump Drive

Corpum A-Type Medium Energy Nosferatu
    Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
    Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
    Caldari Navy Cloaking Device

Large Trimark Armor Pump II
    Large Trimark Armor Pump II

Nanite Repair Paste x500

Now for the cheaper alternative we turn to the widow as the other Blops don't have the mids to get all the needed pieces and the heavy array of scrams but we face a very large problem with the widow in powergrid and tank issues, luckily we can avoid the powergrid issue by fitting less heavy scrams and more faction ones to bring our scram strength above 25 but even still it's tight, this sacrifices our rigs to be powergrid and we only get 4 lows and a meager 66k ehp (BEFORE link/slaves which are needed to survive the supercarrier) making this fit much more likely to die trying to hold the super and it will depend heavily on falcons jamming fighters so they cant volley you through reps.

[Widow, *Poor Man's Marshall]
    Syndicate 1600mm Steel Plates
    Syndicate 1600mm Steel Plates
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive

Caldari Navy Cloaking Device
    Small Energy Nosferatu II

Hobgoblin II x1
    Hammerhead II x2
    Ogre II x2

Navy Cap Booster 3200 x7
    Nanite Repair Paste x200

I personally was planning on buying a Marshal and hunting supers with Predds but shortly after making the fits and talking strategy about it I was forced to go inactive due to real life events and never got to do it. It was a crazy strategy of being able to covert drop kill supers without the need for dictors or real cynos, unless we wanted to move in dreads ofc.

If you want to test my fitting skills personally you can give me a ship/hull and what you want it to do, or even just an idea and have me try to fit up the best ship I can find I encourage you to PM me on Discord and I'll try to fit something up as best I can.

• What is your opinion on combat blops?

It was a crazy strategy of being able to covert drop kill supers without the need for dictors or real cynos,

How would you get initial tackle on the super in order to be able to jump in one of the blops?

Also why use a marshal or a widow over bridging a recon to bring in a tackle rorqual?

• I'm glad you asked Valtyr, this was a strategy that as far as I am aware never made it past the theorycrafting stage and we made it because in Predds we had MASSIVE amounts of cloaky drop alts that would sit logged in in every system of a region cloaked waiting to drop something, over weeks of this people would rat in their supers and trust that even if dropped on given that only a covert cyno would be dropped they could just warp or jump out. As getting Dictors to them was not an option given our strategy we were trying to think of a new way to tackle supers. My strategy as I saw it best was to watch the super for a while and learn what range he warped at when he went to new sites, you would then wait in site with him and see where he warps to next where you would warp in advance at range, if you do it correctly he should be landing at you on 0 which is where you have already lit the covert cyno and your jump hic jumps in slightly before the rest of the fleet. This is done to confuse the super into thinking you clicked jump instead of bridge so hopefully instead of immediately jumping out he might try to shoot you or generally panic giving you the crucial couple seconds you need to lock him and land your scrams. Seconds after the blops jumps the support fleet follows immediately getting reps on the Jump Hic and beginning to DPS the Super. This was made to be used when hard cynoes, dictors, and other ships that cant move through a covert cyno are unavailable as was the case in our situation.

• As for combat blops I have always been a fan and have fit up several Blops in my day but sadly never got to use them as much as I wanted to, I think this fleet concept would work well with an armor blops fleet with logi lokis but we were using a full loki fleet as that was a doctrine for us.

A tackle rorqual is an excellent thing to have when dropping supers and I 100% agree they are better for the job, unfortunately in the time it takes to jump the recon and then the rorq we would have almost definitely lost the target as we have no way of tackling him before the rorqual lands on grid.

• Don't know a lot about you but it seems like there are some people here who aren't your biggest fans. -0.5 for formatting, and I do disagree with the answers to some of your questions about black ops and tackling supers, but I don't think it's worth -1ing over. Would you be opposed to coming on a roam with us sometime so people can feel you out?

• I'm not opposed to going on a roam at all in fact I would love to. As for the strategy on black ops tackling supers I would like to say this was just a theoretical strategy and it has (to my knowledge) not been tested in the field so it could very well be a total flop the plan still only lives on paper.

As for people not being a big fan I haven't flown with most of them since I was 17, 18 at the oldest, I'm now about to turn 21, a lot has changed in that time frame and they wouldn't be flying with quite the same person as they were. Back when we last flew together I was just some nerd who played too many video games and was half assing my way through high school, since then I've been engaged and split, gone to college for a brief stint, and currently work for Aramark/Nike in a factory that's making face masks/other medical equipment for Covid. I would say the sperglord they remember has gone over this time.